This recipe is based off of the AMAZING Laura Goldberg's Dairy Free Healthy Hamburger Helper over at LLbalanced.com. If you guys are not following her, you are seriously MISSING OUT!!! There is not one recipe of hers I have tried that I didn't like - and the hubs too!! She also has a cookbook that just came out that I can't WAIT to get my hands on!!
This Healthy Hamburger Helper seriously blows my mind at how much it tastes just like hamburger helper but packed with so much more nutrients and tasty ingredients.
- 8 oz pasta (I love Eat Banza pasta to keep it nice and clean)
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 3 gloves garlic
- 3 T. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 plain Kite Hill Cream Cheese (you can sub regular cream cheese if you would like)
- 1 C. organic chicken bone broth
- 1 T. avocado oil
- 1 lb lean meat of choice (I like to use grass fed beef)
1. Cook pasta according to directions and set aside.
2. Dice yellow onion and zucchini and mince your garlic. Set aside keeping garlic separate.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together paprika, onion powder, nutritional yeast, sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. In a blender, puree cream cheese and Chicken bone broth.
1. Heat oil in a large skillet or pot. Once oil is warmed add lean meat of your choice and cook thoroughly. Once cooked, empty meat onto a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
2. De-glaze your pan by adding a little bit of water - enough to scrape the pan. Add your onions and zucchini and turn to medium - low heat, and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Add minced garlic and spice/nutritional yeast mixture with another spash of water and cook until garlic is fragrant.
4. Add meat, pasta and cream cheese mixture, stirring to incorporate all ingredients until liquid has thickened. Add salt/pepper to taste!
Macro Counts will vary based on serving portions.