Makes 6 Servings
7 C. organic apple juice
1/3 C. organic pure date syrup
6 scoops collagen peptide powder
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
3 cinnamon sticks
1 red apple, unpeeled & cut in half
1/2 T. Whole cloves
1 small orange, sliced in circles 1/4” thick (peel
9 oz. bourbon whiskey (6 1.5-oz. shots)
3/4 C. dairy-free whipped cream (for topping)
Ground cinnamon (for garnish)
1. Heat apple juice in large pot over medium heat.
2. Remove any visible seeds from apple & insert cloves around flesh of both
3. When apple juice is hot, stir in date syrup & collagen powder until
4. Add allspice, nutmeg, apple halves, oranges slices, & cinnamon sticks to
5. Cover & simmer on medium-low heat for 20 minutes, then promptly remove
fruit, cinnamon sticks, & any cloves that may have come loose from apple.
6. Reduce heat to warm or transfer liquid to crockpot set to warm.
7. Stir in bourbon & serve in mugs to keep warm.
8. Top each serving with 2 T. whipped cream & dust with ground cinnamon.
For a non-alcoholic version, skip the bourbon and add
1 C. extra of apple juice!
Non-Toddy Hot Apple Cider
Carbs: 47g Fats: 16g Protein: 9g